Monday, March 01, 2010

One after Feb

So it's March and I'm still here in the country. Blame the company and not me, I'm actually all good to go and itching to leave already, and since I'm still here I guess Christmas will be canceled and so is new year. And my birthday and a whole lot of other things that If things went according to plan won't be canceled. Annoying really but whatever.. That's life, what would complaining do anyway? so why bother.

On other things, I know I've noticed this for a long time now and It's the first time I'm actually saying this but the Dave Matthews Band still sound good, but It would be so much better If Leroi was still around. Honestly, I was never really into horns, it's just because of the Dave Matthews Band and Leroi Moore's Saxophone that I got interested and appreciated good brass (Thank you Leroi). So now I actually miss Leroi Moore and his saxophone. There are just some songs in the new album, that when they play it live, a saxophone fill would sound better than a guitar solo (No offense Tim Reynolds, I love you're playing, your guitar solo at the Plaza Napoleon version of "Funny the way it is" is one of the most honest guitar solos I've heard in a long time). I just have to say that Leroi Moore's saxophone would probably make every song in the new album fit perfectly (Rashawn Ross and Jeff Coffin, your brass playing makes the in between's of songs sound great, great job but it's no Leroi).

In closing, the Dave Matthews Band sound will never be the same, It will still sound good, don't get me wrong. But It will never be the same.. Leroi Moore, The Groo Grux King.. I miss you as a fan and most of all thank you for the great saxophone playing.

No comments:

"The Motherfuckin' Saga Continues.."

free html hit counter
Been Searching for My Response to the Question "Can it be all that Simple?!" Since November 2002
© Produced and Maintained by |That N.I.G.G.A named M.O.N.|
© Copyright Still a G'thang Productions, 2007