Thursday, June 19, 2003

"David Beckham Becomes a Madrista!"

"I could not let this opportunity pass me. I know that I will always regret it later in life if I had turned down the chance to play at another great club like Real Madrid", said English footballer David Beckham following the confirmation of his signing for Real Madrid. "I recognise that this is an amazing opportunity for and my family," he explained.
England captain who will become a Real Madrid player for the next four seasons, recognised "this is an amazing opportunity for me at this stage in my career and a unique and exciting experience for my family". Besides, Beckham thanked "other clubs who were interested in signing me, but I really want to play in the Champions League."

When it was time for him to say farewell to Manchester, Beckham, trained by Alex Fergusson, said something about his mentor: "I would like to publicly thank Sir Alex Ferguson for making me the player I am today," he said. "I will always hold precious memories of my time at Manchester United and Old Trafford as well as the players, who I regard as part of my family, and the brilliant fans who have given me so much support over the years."

Florentino Pérez: "Beckham wanted to come"
Following the confirmation of Beckham's signing, Real President Florentino Pérez denied that the Club has made huge efforts to sign the top world players and said that it is the players themselves who wish to be part of the white side.

"It is not that we make efforts, but there are some footballers who wish to join Real because it is a very attractive team right now. Last year Ronaldo happened to be ready to leave his side and this year Manchester and Beckham agreed to go separate ways, but, only and exclusively to play in Real, you can be sure of that. It has been a bit of a coincidence", said Real President.

Florentino Pérez stated that the thransfer of the English international player had to be brought about ahead of the schedule because Madrid did not want to "run the risk of having to pay a higher price for the move". About the number Beckham will be wearing on the back of his shirt, the President said "he will take the number that is free, just like the others did".

Valdano: "We are delighted about Beckham's arrival"
"There is an agreement at last, and now we can announce it. We are delighted to have David with us. It is an strategic signing that will make us a more competitive team", said Sporting Director Jorge Valdano as he confirmed Beckham's signing for Real".

Valdano said "I am sure Figo is going to be lined up, the question might be which position Beckham is going to take. The megastars find their place and always end up in the starting lineup. He is a very good player, he has such a powerful image that people sometimes forget about his skills on the field. It is not only that he plays good football, he is also a good professional and is in perfect physical condition". Regarding the club's signing policy, he admitted "it is about signing top world footballers as they already come with a great publicity potential. The reputation of the Club increases with them, they reinforce our brand".

Jorge Valdano assured "our relationship with Manchester United is stronger after this deal, though what actually made everything possible was the player's wish to play in Real ".

No comments:

"The Motherfuckin' Saga Continues.."

free html hit counter
Been Searching for My Response to the Question "Can it be all that Simple?!" Since November 2002
© Produced and Maintained by |That N.I.G.G.A named M.O.N.|
© Copyright Still a G'thang Productions, 2007